Zero to Master Scuba Diver in 10 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mind letting the issue go before the thread turns into another trainwreck? I'd be happy to do that.

A thread turn into a trainwreck - surely not :wink: Absolutely I agree.

Our combined posts do highlight the fact that gaining certs in one environment does not prepare you for another, and so any cert card has little value on its own without a caveat of how/where it's earned or a logbook defining experience gained

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug[/QUOTE]

I personally find the cold debilitating. If I were to dive in your local I'd be stuck to you like glue, having all sorts of issues wearing thick gear, and blowing through my air (mainly muttering about how cold it was through my reg) and a whole host of different issues. But how would you cope in my climate? Kitting up in 45C (+110F in old money) with humidity in the 80's - having the surface water temps in the 30'sC (+90's) but knowing that downstairs the cold water upsurges will be at 20C (68F) A completely alien environment to what you're used to. We would equally be fish out of water in each others back yards.

Where are you diving? In a bath? :D That sounds like absolute heaven - My last sea dive was in August, and the air temp was 19C, surface temp 16C and bottom temp was 9C (30m/100'). My last dive was in September at Vobster Quay inland dive centre (a quarry) and the temp dropped from 18C at the surface to 4C at 38m.

If you suffer the cold easily I suspect that last one would literally kill you! lol

Safe diving all

I recall doing a night dive at snoopy island in a shorty and I was so hot I couldn't wait for the dive to be over......warmest water I've experienced. But I'd still take getting geared up at 45 C over geared up in a drysuit for a 750m walk in 35 C for a dive in 10C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom