zero visibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find we tend to get alot of zero-vis conditions maybe for the first 10-20 meters or so if its been raining heavily since loads of mud gets washed down off the hills into the ocean. I find luminous gauges help alot and if you get one that isnt to deeply recessed you can push it against the glass of your mask to read it. I quite enjoy diving in zero vis just for the challenge it presents, plus i actually find it quite relaxing for some reason swimming along in the dark.

One trick you can do if you have doubles with an isolator is to breathe one tank all the way down, equalize then isolate the outer tank again and repeat so you know when you reach 100, 50, 25 bar e,t,c. I believe the British navy divers used to do this sometime if they where working in zero vis conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom