Zeus follow up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Spent a week diving with the Zeus in the Caribbean.
Very light and extremely comfortable.
Don't even know you are wearing it. Very happy I bought it
My only problem
1) Unzipped easily with one hand when taking it off.

2) Zipping up not that much fun on a rocking tender with tank in a holder. Needed two hands. Several times had to pull upper part together with my other hand to be able to zip up since rocking while tank in holder would pull upper section apart from each other and could not zip up. Several times I was the last diver ready because of difficultytrying to zip up in a rough rocking site
Hoping that practice and more use will simplify the use
Once zipped up, best BC ever for warm water
(Really liked the velcro strap and single large clip of my old Ranger - ready to go in seconds)

I think the issue is with the zipper pull. It is a locking pull, and you have to pull the zipper pull forward when zipping it.

The original thought was that the stainless steel zipper was something different and maybe more masculine, but now I am thinking that we should just switch to the same zipper tab and pull that are on the Zena BC.

Thanks for the input!

Scott

I too have had a fair amount of trouble zipping up the zipper. I'll try pulling it forward when I up.

The other difficulty is that the zipper's on the left side instead of the right. You wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but each time I'm pulling it on I try to pull it up with my right hand while holding the bottom of the ziper stay with my left, just like I'm zipping up a winter coat. Then I realize my mistake and switch hands.

But once I get it on, it's very comfortable. No issues taking it off.

I will try the pull forward and up.
Love the BC. (Miss my old Ranger too)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom