Zoom Ring for Sigma 17-70 Macro HSM lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjbikes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
And once again...one hopefully last question.

Which zoom ring is needed for the Sigma 17-70 Macro HSM lens for a Canon T4i in an RDX housing???

I saw a previous post, that the 56350 zoom ring is the correct one, however others
have said that it's too narrow to fit the HSM lens.

Hopefully you can clear this up, as I have that lens and would like to put it to good use.

HI-
The 17-70mm Sigma lens has not been tested by SEA&SEA Japan and is not in the current SLR system charts. Due to that reason we can't offer specific compatibility information on gear and port options.
However, we do know that 56350 gear and Fisheye Dome Port #56401 have been used with the 17-70 (undsure of HSM), for use with an RDX housing add RDX Port Base L #30109. The gears have gaskets that allow adjustment.
We recommend comparing both versions of the 17-70 specs to verify differences.
The current SLR system charts are located here: Sea And Sea USA

Thank you once again and will give it a try.

CJ

Ok guys at Sea & Sea once again...I got the zoom ring 56350, however it did not work...the ring's diameter is definitely too small to fit the Sigma 17-79 HSM.Any suggestions or ideas???Looking forward to hearing from y'all once again,CJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom