zooming with ikelite SLR housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
just ordered my ikelite housing for my evolt-510 slr camera and i was trying to visualize
how to zoom with the large zoom control knob ...just wondering how it works ...anyone of you guys can explain ? is it working fine or ...

thanks

just ordered my ikelite housing for my evolt-510 slr camera and i was trying to visualize
how to zoom with the large zoom control knob ...just wondering how it works ...anyone of you guys can explain ? is it working fine or ...

thanks

Good luck with your new DSLR set up !!

You will use the " gears " to install over the lens, and when you move the large knob on the housing, it there for connects to the zoom gears installed by yourself over your lens, and will zoom the lens in and out.

You will need the correct size zoom gears for your lens.

Also you will need the correct adapter tubes, for the correct lens lenght

I just bought the E-330 with the Live view also, and love the set up.

You can goto Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography and research Olympus DSLR, and you will see a 8 page thread there i started, with all the pro's and con's measured between the E-330, E-410, and E-510, by many experianced people using these cameras from all around the world.

Good luck with your set up!!

PS, what do you plan on using for strobes?

thanks ! are gears and tubes for proper lens are included in housing package ?

i haven't seen anything on describtions.

i will be using a ds-125 ...may be second one later ...$$$

Reading the description on Ike's site, I believe it says that the new DSLR housings come with the zoom gears. The 'tube' he's talking about is the extension for the 8" dome port. The 6" dome ports come pre-made in different lengths and diameters for different lenses, but the 8" dome needs an extension for it and the extension choice is based on the lens per the lens compatibility chart on ike's site.

extention tube is comming with 8'' dome port and of course Macro and fisheye lenses, can't
wait to shoot in Bonaire next month... Macro paradise.

extention tube is comming with 8'' dome port and of course Macro and fisheye lenses, can't
wait to shoot in Bonaire next month... Macro paradise.

8" dome port looks REALLY nice underwater, people think were pros showing up with that rig :)

Ok, Ok, I have to ask, which lens , you mentioned the fisheye, did you also go with the 50mm macro lens?

Also, did you match the ports to the lens?

Please post some follow up pictures, so we can see , I'd love to see the fisheye shots, as well as the macro

Dam, now you got me looking at Bonaire trips also, I bet rates are great this time of the year also!

Reading the description on Ike's site, I believe it says that the new DSLR housings come with the zoom gears. The 'tube' he's talking about is the extension for the 8" dome port. The 6" dome ports come pre-made in different lengths and diameters for different lenses, but the 8" dome needs an extension for it and the extension choice is based on the lens per the lens compatibility chart on ike's site.

RTRski, whats going on buddy.....did you get your set up yet?

I know you were looking back a few weeks ago,anything new coming in the mail?:eyebrow:

air jamaica from JFK= 550$ , not bad ! also got tickets for january 19th for 640$

no my macro is a 35mm , coudn't afford the 50mm , i should get everything in couple
of days

air jamaica from JFK= 550$ , not bad ! also got tickets for january 19th for 640$

no my macro is a 35mm , coudn't afford the 50mm , i should get everything in couple
of days

Nice !! have fun, and be sure to share your photos !!

I just flew back to Florida, from JFK, I lived on long Island for 30 years, before moving down to FL 8 years ago

I was going to go with the E-510, and would love to see some pics !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom