zoop computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaguy9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello
New to this forum but diving for 15 years . My 2 children have 2 zoop computers and upon diving last week, upon entering the water the computers read 99 ft and locked. Upon returning home I opened the battery compartments and the area was dry as was the o ring( no lube). I purchased new batteries and want to purchase new o rings. Per the zoop manual, the size is 026 70 Sha (K5664) but it does not specify the material. The most common is nitrile Buta but I also see EPDM and Vitril. The nitrile is easiest to find,. Any information on the proper compound. I contacted Suunto but they were not helpful.
TY

Nitril is fine. Tiny little bit of lube on the new ring...just make it shiny.

TY
Any idea why the computers locked up? the battery read "ok" when tested on the computer. I think if the computers leaked the display would go totally blank.

It is most likely a bad depth sensor. Are they under warranty? You say you contacted Suunto and they were of no help. No surprise there. That is about all you'll get from Suunto if they are not under warranty. They have the absolute worst customer service philosophy. Your Zoops are a throw away module type of computer. Suunto has had numerous computers models that had bad depth sensors from the start but Suunto won't admit or acknowledge it because then they would have to do something about it and that costs money, something they are not going to part with. You'll see,, you will do everything in your power to get them fixed and they will tell you they cannot be fixed and that you need to buy a new module at an inflated discount. It is up to you if you fall for that or not. If they are not under warranty I would not stay with Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom