Zoop dive watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know they are not making these anymore but I really love my Zoop dive watches. I have 4 right now that won't work. I put new batteries in them and there are numbers on the screen but they really don't make sence. Anyone know of a place I can send them to get checked out? Thanks. Aruba Bob

Please e-mail me direct: kentgerber@adamswells.com

I do. I have over 1,000 dives and have never used anything else. The numbers are big and it tells me everything I need to know. What more can I ask for. And also at a great price!!! And one thing more you should know. I have 4 divers so you do the math. 3,500 dives and 4 zoops that don't work. I really don't think you can beat that with a stick!!!

Are your Zoops saying you are hundreds of feet down when actually on the surface? If so, sounds like the pressure module is toast, and not repairable.
In the US (only) there is a legal settlement on this issue with some specific recourse.
Home | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement
I think in Aruba you are probably sol.
If you are actually able to take advantage of the US settlement, be prepared to provide proof of purchase if you send in 4 units. I think they don't look too close for single units, but will want more documentation for whatever they might consider a bulk quantity.

Thanks you very much for that great info. I have a service center in my home town where I bought them so I will have them check it out. The last time I asked them they just said the Zoops are junk and they are not selling or fixing them anymore but if there is like a recall for the law suite, that might be a different story. Thanks again! Aruba Bob

Thanks you very much for that great info. I have a service center in my home town where I bought them so I will have them check it out. The last time I asked them they just said the Zoops are junk and they are not selling or fixing them anymore but if there is like a recall for the law suite, that might be a different story. Thanks again! Aruba Bob
Quick note on exact wording: Suunto has not admitted any actual problem exists, and so this is not a recall. They stick closely to calling it a settlement, US only.

Back
Top Bottom