Zoop gone crazy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElmerFudd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my Zoop has decided that I am using a ppo of over 3 and will not respond to any button pushes. Battery removal and reinstall doesn't fix it. Lowering to 20+ feet for a couple of hours doesn't fix it. Help!

Hi it with a big hammer and teachnit a lesson. Lol no ideas if taking out the battery and doing a hard reset won't put it back to factory. Is there a data cable you can plug in and try that way?

I never had any trouble will my Zoop. Either you got that rare bad computer or it needs cleaning. If it is still under warranty, see if the dive shop can help you or talk to Suunto directly (Customer support - Support and service for Suunto products).

If you think it might need resetting or something, I'd try soaking it in fresh water. Maybe the is salt or dirt in the thing. My shop has an ultrasonic bath (some jewelry stores have these too). I'd ask if they could soak it for a while.

If you didn't buy the cable, see if someone near you have a Vyper or Vytec. The cable which comes with those works on the Zoop. Borrow the cable, get a free copy of SuuntoDM (Suunto DM5), see if there is a reset or something when you sync the Zoop to your home computer.

My Zoop has also had a melt down after 3 years of diving, I'm a bit disappointed as my Geeko last me 9 years and did over 5,000 dives. I hope Suunto can help me out.

WE had in the beginning of the introduction of the zoops lots of problems with them. They went automatic in diving mode on land and didn't stop. also we had some problems with the depth, different oops, different depths, till like a difference of 5 meters while we were at the same depth. We just brought them back and have got new ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom