Zoop Novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I got my Zoop Novo today.

The only thing that I noticed that I wasn't fond of was that the yellow portion is a clip on part that seems to be separate from the rest. It moves about slightly when I touch it. It makes me concerned that it will get looser over time and since it holds the shield that worries me. Time will tell if that will happen.

Another minor note is that the menu is different than one in my old D9. It's very close but the big change is a little hard to explain. In the D9 you press menu button and you will see your dive mode (whichever one was last selected) and to select a new one, you have to press the up or down button before the self check starts. In the zoop (and I imagine many of the more recent D series) you have to be in time mode to change the dive mode. That seems odd and less intuitive to me. I can see where it might prevent unintentional mode changes though.

Hi. Obviously eager to get some comments when you have dived the device. Just posting some answers on your findings.

The yellow ring is a part that has nothing to do with water tightness although obviously it should not also be loose also. Your note on the mode change is very valid and the main reason why this was changed is regarding exactly as you described in order not to get accidentally into any mode the diver doesn't want.

-Jukka from Suunto

For a first computer Guage mode is nice if the user ever upgrades into a more sophisticated computer and wants to use the Zoop Novo as a backup.

P.S. I just bought my sixth Zoop for $115. It will be joining my training fleet. :)

Well I got it in the water and it was exactly what I thought it would be. I did a dive in gauge mode and standard. The only down side was that it didn't work with my old D-series cord like it was promised too. Once I figured it out by borrowing a newer cord it downloaded as quick and easy as any of the modern Suunto computers. Still waiting on an answer form Suunto as to why it doesn't work with a know good cord.

The display is as clear and easy to read as I had hoped. I want to turn up the conservatism and try out all the alarms and see if I can follow the sounds for a DECO intuitively. I let everyone know how that goes once I make that dive.

Overall I think it is the new standard for entry level computers but keep in mind that the original zoop is still out there and well worth the price until they run out of stock. Unless your needing one of the newer features (like gauge mode) it's really just the same thing with a fare bit of spit and polish.

My Vyper 1 just self dived on me so I am in the market for a new computer. From looking at the specs, it appears that the zoop novo is pretty much a direct equivalent to my old vyper. Can anyone confirm this?

My Vyper 1 just self dived on me so I am in the market for a new computer. From looking at the specs, it appears that the zoop novo is pretty much a direct equivalent to my old vyper. Can anyone confirm this?
In terms of features yes, though the ergonomics are quite different (e.g. 4 buttons vs 3, different display matrix positioning...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom