ZS7 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gp51

Registered
Reaction score
Just purchased a ZS7 with Panasonic housing. I've read a lot of different posts over the last year about the video capabilities of the ZS3/7, so many in fact that I can't readily locate some of the answers that I am now looking for. At the risk of repeating some questions previously answered on this forum, I'd like to ask the following:

(Assume for the moment that no video lighting is to be used with the ZS7)

When shooting UW video, should the underwater mode be used in both blue and green water or just in bluewater? If the answer is only bluewater, what would be the recommended settings for green water?

When shooting UW video, should I use the underwater mode at all depths or just in the shallow (10'-40') range? If the answer is "only in the shallow range", how should the camera be set up for deeper depths?

Should manual white balancing be performed when shooting video in underwater mode? Are the white balancing capabilities of this camera any good? Under what conditions would manual white balancing be recommended with the ZS7?

Now, how would the above answers change if I were to add artificial lights into the equation?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a video lighting system that might work well on the ZS7? In my situation, most of my diving is done aboard liveaboards and a lot of air travel is involved. Because of the weight/space restrictions when flying/living on the boats, I'd like to use a one light system whose beam is still wide enough to handle the wide angle capabilities of this lens. I'm thinking LEDs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

GP51

Back
Top Bottom