Looking for place to stay St. John, Thomas, Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtiffee

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in St. John from March 31 - April 8th or longer maybe April 16th if I can find affordable lodging. I'm attending a friends wedding in St. John, but I don't care at which island I stay. I'm working towards my Divemaster/Instructor cert. and would like to get about 30 dives in while I'm there.

I'm looking for somewhere affordable to stay. I don't care if it's fancy, just some place to rest my head and take a cold shower. After my friends wedding it's all about the diving. Does anyone have any suggestions? A room somewhere? A closet? ok, well maybe not a closet. How bout a hammock? Has anyone stayed at any of the camp sites on any of the islands? I'm up for anything.

I've seen the posts about all the great dive shops on the islands, but do you know if any of them will cut a deal for multiple (12) days of diving? I don't mind working at someones shop filling tanks for some great diving rates.

Thanks for any and all help!

There's always the campground at the National Park on St. John's at Cinammon Bay, or there was another one very near by that had tents on platforms but I don't remember the name. I stayed at Cinnoman Bay for two weeks and enjoyed it, although it was some years ago.

On St. Thomas there was also a private "campground" at Hull Bay. Larry's Hideaway and Campground. I stayed there for a month at a time many years ago. It was a trip and so was Larry. Don't know if it's still there.

I've stayed on St. Johns many times. I dove with Low Key. If you do a search on St. Johns. com , you should find a place to stay. The owners of Low Key Dive shop are Bob and Annmarie. Maybe they can help. I know they also own a rental. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom