Back Pressure Valve, Pressure Maintaining Valve Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeXx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

So i'm with a little project and I'm looking to buy one of the title valves.
From what I gather, different names but they basically do the same. Block fluid passage until the force of the fluid can overcome the force of the spring that hold the seal.
I have been looking in the European market and have not found any.
I'm looking for something like the Model 211 Back pressure regulator found on nuvair.
Does any one know where maybe I could find one in Europe?
Could an hydraulic valve be used with air? In theory, both are fluids and the working principle is the same.

Thank you.

Nuvair is selling to Europe but you must order for at least $100.
No, hydraulic valves do not work on air. Air passes much easier than oil. A hydraulic valve can perfectly seal oil but air passes as hell. I had to make expensive experiences.....

You can buy a PMV from Undersea UK, who should ship to the EU

Hi!
Thank You all for your inputs.
The reasoning for looking in Europe is to avoid the extra hassle and costs of customs.
Most shipping companies charge around 50 euro just to deal with customs, let aside the 23% VAT for Portugal plus what ever percentage extra customs charge.
I would really prefer to buy from an European dealer (UK excluded because of brexit :()
The Coltri "Plug-n-Play" would be a good fit, if at least there was more info on thread type and depth as I would have to CNC the filter to accommodate their valve.

If you do not have a Coltri filter then the Coltri pressure retaining valve is not a good solution at all. There are much cheaper valves and they are much, much easier to fix on your existing filter housing.

If you do not have a Coltri filter then the Coltri pressure retaining valve is not a good solution at all. There are much cheaper valves and they are much, much easier to fix on your existing filter housing.
Well, there are, but not on EU market. You pay customs plus expensive shipping from UK or US.

Hi!

So i'm with a little project and I'm looking to buy one of the title valves.
From what I gather, different names but they basically do the same. Block fluid passage until the force of the fluid can overcome the force of the spring that hold the seal.
I have been looking in the European market and have not found any.
I'm looking for something like the Model 211 Back pressure regulator found on nuvair.
Does any one know where maybe I could find one in Europe?
Could an hydraulic valve be used with air? In theory, both are fluids and the working principle is the same.

Thank you.
This one ? ( EU shop)

Attachments

• clapet-reglable-de-maintien-de-pression.jpg
    clapet-reglable-de-maintien-de-pression.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom