Dry Suit Neck Ring Popping Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi All,

I recently bought a drysuit with a replaceable neck seal system. The system has you pull out a yellow plastic ring that secures the neck seal into a groove in order to replace the neck seal. On the last few dives, the yellow ring has been popping out of the grove at the back of the neck and I've been getting leaks. I've taken it to the shop where the suit was purchased and had them confirm that I was reinstalling the seal proper but I still get the ring popping out. Any suggestions or ideas about how to stop this from happening? Thanks in advance!

did you reinstall it yourself and did you use the sitech tool that looks like a pizza cutter to do it? i had the same issue the first time i did a replacement and it really came down to getting everything to fit exactly into the groove. it is a very tight fit to get it all sealed in if you are running a silicone or HD latex seal. standard latex is thinner and easier.

How do you dry your suit?
I found out that if you hang it right side up to dry in warm place, ring will extrude from upwards pressure from hanger. Neck ring material just gets too pliable.

Mine did it when I did not have it right side up. If you put it in properly and use the tool, it will seem to pop into place.

Thanks for all of the feedback! I have both installed it myself and had the shop reinstall it. Both of us have used the pizza cutter tool and I'm sure that the yellow ring is inserted correctly. I hang it upside down from the boots after each dive to dry. I'm completely at a loss at this point. I'll keep trying and let everyone know if I eventually figure this one out. Again, thanks for all the help!

to revive an old thread...I have the exact same problem.
Been diving with the suit for about two years without a single problem and not a drop of water entering.
Suddenly this problem started to manifest itself. Does this system needs some sort of maintenance? Or maybe the silicon neck seal should be replaced orso? Like the OP I used the pizzacutter to put the ring back but it seems easy to pop out now....

Back
Top Bottom