Indonesia June Dive Site Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smallfish

New
Reaction score
Hello!
I am looking for recommendations in Indonesia for early-mid June.
I've already booked a week in the Derawan Islands and I am deciding where to spend the second week.
I'm currently looking at Raja Ampat, Komodo, or Bali. I am worried about the rainy season in Raja Ampat, and not staying in a live aboard (dive buddy gets seasick). I'm also open to other options, but would prefer somewhere with more direct transportation (already spending a whole day getting to the Derawan Islands with the odd flight times + ferry).
Could anyone who's been to Raja Ampat in the wet season or Raja/Komodo without a live aboard share their experience/ compare it with Bali? Thank you in advance!

Bali or Komodo would be a good option. Flight from Derwin to Komodo would be more complicated than Derawan to Bali though.

I have been to Raja Ampat in November, December, January, February, April & May. Have never been there in June. So, no comment.

Hello!
I am looking for recommendations in Indonesia for early-mid June.
I've already booked a week in the Derawan Islands and I am deciding where to spend the second week.
I'm currently looking at Raja Ampat, Komodo, or Bali. I am worried about the rainy season in Raja Ampat, and not staying in a live aboard (dive buddy gets seasick). I'm also open to other options, but would prefer somewhere with more direct transportation (already spending a whole day getting to the Derawan Islands with the odd flight times + ferry).
Could anyone who's been to Raja Ampat in the wet season or Raja/Komodo without a live aboard share their experience/ compare it with Bali? Thank you in advance!
Have you thought about Alor? I dont believe its harder to get to than Raja Ampat. Beautiful diving with amazingly healthy reefs, has a lot of macro diving as well, and surprises of bigger fish, which obviously are not promised, but always a nice addition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom