Trip Report Jan 2024: Anilao, Puerta Galera and Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not correct. In the Philippines we've dived Anilao, PG, Dauin, Malapascua, Moalboal, Panglao, Anda, and Southern Leyte. Every operator has planned the dive to 1 hour (gas allowing), with the exception of Captn Greggs who planned to 45 minutes.

We're just arrived back in PG and have chosen a different dive operator
If you're in a group, with only one guide, your dive time is limited to who sucks down their tank first.

If you're in a group, with only one guide, your dive time is limited to who sucks down their tank first.
But if everyone's air lasts, you get an hour. Unlike Capt Greggs where the dive is planned to 45 mins bottom time and you have to go up regardless.

And good dive centres have planning so that one individual does not significantly restrict dive time of the group if they consume faster. For example, Evolution (Malapascua) made sure we were grouped with divers who could also last one hour. 'Anda Scuba Diving' in Bohol, would take up divers and then rejoin my wife and I so we could complete the hour dive.

Appreciate sometimes it doesn't work out... but when dive planning includes 45 bottom times fof all dives just means that are not diving with Capt Greggs again as the dive time is significantly reduced

And good dive centres have planning so that one individual does not significantly restrict dive time of the group if they consume faster. For example, Evolution (Malapascua) made sure we were grouped with divers who could also last one hour. 'Anda Scuba Diving' in Bohol, would take up divers and then rejoin my wife and I so we could complete the hour dive.

Appreciate sometimes it doesn't work out... but when dive planning includes 45 bottom times fof all dives just means that are not diving with Capt Greggs again as the dive time is significantly reduced
Nothing is perfect.
Most operators will try to put divers with similar experience in the same group and then fine tune it.

@JonnieB was talking about the common practice by some operators based on Phuket ie large group with only one guide.
Stay away from the day boat of Phuket.

There is no such thing as 55mins standard in SE Asia. Plain BS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom