New to scuba and this board - seeking Dominican advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elizabees

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this site and new to SCUBA. After many years with A LOT of snorkeling, we finally, and literally took the leap to diving with tanks and love it.

We lucked out with finding the most awesome dive shop in Roatan for our open water certification at Clearwater Adventures on Turtle Beach. We loved the people, the professionalism, the adherence to safety and the location.

We are meeting family in the Dominican and want to go a few days early to get some more dives in while what we've learned in Roatan is still fresh. We can go anywhere in the D.R. , just looking for a highly recommended dive shop for newbies.

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this question, just kindly let me know. THank you so much!

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this site and new to SCUBA. After many years with A LOT of snorkeling, we finally, and literally took the leap to diving with tanks and love it.

We lucked out with finding the most awesome dive shop in Roatan for our open water certification at Clearwater Adventures on Turtle Beach. We loved the people, the professionalism, the adherence to safety and the location.

We are meeting family in the Dominican and want to go a few days early to get some more dives in while what we've learned in Roatan is still fresh. We can go anywhere in the D.R. , just looking for a highly recommended dive shop for newbies.

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this question, just kindly let me know. THank you so much!
I’ve only dove in the DR once and I used Slow Dive Casa Chihuahua in Bayahibe. Nice folks, safe diving. I’d recommend them and the Bayahibe area.

I was in Cabarete, mostly working and doing various wind sports for a couple of weeks over the winter, but got in some diving in Sosua. The town is pretty rough, but fine for touristing around the beach during the daytime. It’s also not luxury concierge diving. It is all from beach-launched panga boats. But the dives were pretty fun, had good viz with some healthy reefs, and crazy inexpensive for guided dives- the taxi ride there and back cost almost as much as the dives.

If you’re in the DR doing any activities with “surf” in the name, Sosua will be your closest dive site, and it’s definitely worth getting in a couple of dives. I would go with Superior Dive Sosua.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom