Pick 1 or 2 out of 4... Alor, Derawan, Raja, Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your advice! @Centrals do you know if I have applied for a 60 day tourist visa and it does not come through in time can one still get a visa but on arrival on the ferry crossing?

My current plan is to go into Kalimantan but I am not sure now if I will get my visa in time.
You can extend your VOA(30 days) in Indonesia but it will take time and also need to locate the immigration office. However, there is one in Samarinda.

Good luck.

I have been diving in Bali, Raja Ampat, and Alor.
If you have the ability to get to Alor, I would do it!
I believe Alor is still less known to people, so it is still pretty quiet. The diving is amazing, with so much to offer.
The reefs are super healthy and colorful with many fish. There are tons of sites for macro that you can find so many different little things. You can dive a mixture of everything, and really get the best of both worlds.

I stayed at Alor Tanapi Dive Resort and they were great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom