Recommendations for easy diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can head to Bunaken for muck or Bali. Some sites off Bali between it and Komodo like Nusa Penida and Lombok. Frequent ferries and minimal disruptions.

Bali had fun dives. Would not say diving being memorable, some shore and wreck. Komodo is out with calorie burning and heavy rock clinging.

Easy warm water dives to be had at Amed/Tulamben
We usually go there every few years and dive with Bali reef divers staying at the Puri Wirata Amed
Amed has some good dive sites of varying difficulty, lots of macro and larger fish, Tulamben has easier dives, a bit of everything, little current and the shipwreck USS liberty.
I have never had a bad experience diving with Bali Reef Divers, and would definitely recommend

I dont think you would go wrong with either Bali OR the Manado region (North Sulawesi).

3 weeks in either would be amazing and really allow you to both enjoy the diving and do loads of top side exploring.

For Bali as mentioned, Amed / Tulamben area has really good and easy diving. Been there a bunch of times. Our current fave place to stay in Tulamben is Mimpi. But there are a few other good places. Look at staying in the Padang Baai / Candidisa area for good coral (and muck) diving. You could even do day trips to the mantas from here. Topsides, stay in the Ubud region and get pampered!

As for N Sulawesi, a 3 passport trips look great. Bastianos and Murex have similar ones. I'm a huge fan of Lembeh (for the best muck diving) and Bangka (for just overall great diving). I have not been to Bunaken, but from what everyone has told me it's mostly pretty wall dives with a million turtles.

Enjoy Indo. We LOVE it!

Currently at Tulamben. Using Liberty Resort, great place to stay and very good diver operation and dive guides. My fourth trip here and second in 12 months.

We usually go there every few years and dive with Bali reef divers staying at the Puri Wirata Amed
@ONI1975 so stoked to read this....I just booked a few days with Bali Reef Divers at Puri Warata in September!

Back
Top Bottom