Recommend me a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheeler925

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to diving. Finishing my PADI OW cert this weekend. Looking to get a computer. I like the shearwater peregrine from what I see online, but it doesn't appear to have any air integration option. Is there a mid range computer with air integration? Also, I might be diving both warm water and cold water(lake Michigan, etc), is this a consideration for a computer?

I'm new to diving. Finishing my PADI OW cert this weekend. Looking to get a computer. I like the shearwater peregrine from what I see online, but it doesn't appear to have any air integration option. Is there a mid range computer with air integration? Also, I might be diving both warm water and cold water(lake Michigan, etc), is this a consideration for a computer?
Look again

Water temperature doesn't matter.

Water temperature doesn't matter.
Thanks I must have been looking at something older that was complainging about no AI option

We have three Peregrines in our household and they have been great. My only complaint was lack of AI which has now been solved with the introduction of the Tx. Shearwater also has some of the best customer service in the diving industry.

You can't go wrong with the Peregrine TX. If I were buying my first computer today for recreational diving, that is the one I'd buy. You could also look at the Tern TX if you want more of a watch-sized computer.

Why would anyone would pay $300 more for the Peregrine TX instead of the LUNA 2.0 AI?

Nothing in Peregrine that justifies the extra cost other than bragging rights or herd mentality.

Why would anyone would pay $300 more for the Peregrine TX instead of the LUNA 2.0 AI?

Nothing in Peregrine that justifies the extra cost other than bragging rights or herd mentality.
My opinion, compass and maybe already having a compatible transmitter for the SW, if one lacks either transmitter than the SP make a lot more sense because the price difference pays for a transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom