Octopus Cowboy

DUI CLX450 Drysuit Compared to MODS Drysuit Trilaminate Scuba Diving Suits

Review and comparison of DUI Drysuit and MODS Drysuit. Chapters0:00 MODS Drysuit compated to DUI Drysuit0:11 Drysuit Features0:30 At the dive site1:15 Seam...
Thanks for sharing. I made this video to see which drysuit MODS Drysuit is most comparable to.

In the process of making the video and researching the features and how other brands build drysuits, I found that MODS Drysuits are most comparable to the DUI CLX450.

The CLX450 is a top of the line Trilaminate Drysuit Made with heavy poly, butyl rubber and heavy poly.

MODS gives the option for heavy poly or a few different options of ripstop nylon. Both fabrics are comparable to other high end drysuits.

Crushed neoprene is nice, flexible and durable but may not allow for a range of undergarments which would allow divers to use their suit in warmer water and extended dives in cooler water.

Other drysuits I've tried include a USIA Bioflex which was an awesome suit, but I wanted something a little more durable and with seals that would be easier to change.

Another suit I tried as a rental was an Aqualung, sized 3xl, which I hated.

Boh of these other suits weren't a great fit. The USIA was a little too small which restricted my leg movements and I had to contort my neck ad shoulders to get into it. The 3xl Aqualung was huge and had pockets of air bulging out which made it difficult to keep my body in trim.

My MODS Drysuit on the other hand is custom made for my measurements so it ideal in every way from comfort, doning, doffing, fit with undergarments to being able to get in trim position.

Modsdrysuit.com

I'd be happy to compare and review other products, but I'm very happy with my MODS Drysuit so I'm sure I won't need another for a while.

Media information

Category
Gear & Equipment
Added by
Octopus Cowboy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back