where to spend a few days diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soupblah

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey I am returning home(vancouver) for a bit and am going to plan a trip with friends and do a few dives, my question is where would be a good spot to be based out of within proximity off some really great dive sites, so far it looks like staying in sechelt is a pretty good option but if anyone thinks somewhere on the island or somewhere else up the coast would give me more bang for my buck.

cheers,

Scott.

I like Kent's Beach about 3 mins away from the Saltery Bay ferry terminal on the road to Powell River. There's decent diving in the bay right in front of the cabins. If you tell Clive Kent that you're a diver, he'll outfit your cabin with a set of 2 outdoor hot water showers and equipment rinsing stations. The cost of the cabins is very affordable particularly when you share it with others. The smaller cabins can sleep 6. And on high tide you take about 20 steps away from your cabin and you're in the ocean. Cabins are fully heated/AC with full size kitchen and appliances, pots pans china, cutlery.

Mermaid Cove, underwater mermaid statue dive site, is a 2 mins drive away. If you want more dive sites than those in front of the cabin you can get in touch with Gary at the dive shop for more info or to arrange boat dives.

The dive shop, Salish Sea Dive, is about 20 mins away from the cabins in Powell River.

Here's a video of Kent's Beach bay that I shot last summer.

Also, if near Sechelt try Tuwanek, just around the corner. I would not recommend David Bay Wharf though.
Here's a video of that :)

Ps. Hi Gabe. I love the fish storm at about 2:45 of that video!

One of those little ones got stuck in my gear and I only found it on the following day after I returned back to the lower mainland. Your video comes up as unavailable in this tablet.

The embedded version plays fine, but if you want to go see it in the YouTube app, you get that unavailable message. It probably has to do with restrictions set by the owner of the music you used.

Back
Top Bottom