Where would you choose to dive 4-5 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't me to crosspost too much but I'm landing in Manilla at 13:00, saw that you had mentioned that the ferry at 16:00 wasn't reliable, so probably better to stay my first night inManilla and get an early moring trip down to PG?
1. Subic Bay has USS New York and some interesting airplane wrecks. But cannot compare with Coron. Pretty easy to get there from Manila.

You can use the first day either to travel to Cebu, Dumaguete, Tacloban etc etc or stay in Manila.

There are many reputable operators in PG other than Asia Divers. Captain Gregg is one of them but I would stay eg Angelyn or Step Garden.
The resort offers no view to anything and is right by the main road. The dive shop is quite a distance away.

Sorry guys for all of the questions, diving in the Philippines seems to be harder to figure out than expected. There are simply too many good places!

Lol also thought that it was interesting that his name matched with the owner, but PG vs Alona Beach (Bohol) seems somewhat similar to my first look (honestly just happy to not to be staying at a resort), but haven't heard much about Bohol as I have PG. Or for a first-timer will I be blown away at either place?
Alona Beach is great it's on my top 5 list somewhere below Coron. Good shore diving, good boat diving, good friends. I don't have anything bad to say about other places. Coron is incredible. There are also Tubbattaha trips available.

The resort offers no view to anything and is right by the main road. The dive shop is quite a distance away.
Not sure what you do in your room but I usually sleep after a long day diving. If a 3min stroll is quite a distance for you then we have different opinions on that too.

Sorry guys for all of the questions, diving in the Philippines seems to be harder to figure out than expected. There are simply too many good places!
No difference from other places in SE Asia.
You need to come back again and again.
Not sure what you do in your room but I usually sleep after a long day diving. If a 3min stroll is quite a distance for you then we have different opinions on that too.
Of course we all have different opinions on everything. I do remember what the places were like in Sabang or Alona Beach 25+ yrs ago.
There is no way I can stay in Mermaid because of lack of view. There are many places have rooms overlooking the bay but Mermaid is NOT one of them, unless you only interested in concrete. If you stay at Small or Big La Laguna then you will not hear any noises generated by bike/car.

I thought I would update this thread with what I decided on if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I'll fly to Bohol (TAG) and be staying and diving in Alona Beach, for eight nights with around 5-6 diving days (probably take a day off in the middle to chill and explore). The reason that made me was the ease of travel with the airport being close, cheap, and good accommodations plus good dive operators (probably doing Alona divers). There is no doubt that PG is as good, and Coron is on my dive wish list. I felt that I should get some more dives under my belt before exploring Coron's wrecks and do it properly; otherwise, it would have probably been my choice. Also, thank you, both Centrals and Failed Captcha, for the insightful advice!!

I thought I would update this thread with what I decided on if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I'll fly to Bohol (TAG) and be staying and diving in Alona Beach, for eight nights with around 5-6 diving days (probably take a day off in the middle to chill and explore). The reason that made me was the ease of travel with the airport being close, cheap, and good accommodations plus good dive operators (probably doing Alona divers). There is no doubt that PG is as good, and Coron is on my dive wish list. I felt that I should get some more dives under my belt before exploring Coron's wrecks and do it properly; otherwise, it would have probably been my choice. Also, thank you, both Centrals and Failed Captcha, for the insightful advice!!
Make sure the operator does not rely on outside supplier for the gas that you will be using.
Have a nice time.

Make sure the operator does not rely on outside supplier for the gas that you will be using.
Have a nice time.
Again, super helpful! Some Facebook snooping looks like they just received a Coltri Ergo compressor (so no nitrox), but hopefully, it will be operational once I get there. Edit: older post says its Coltri MCH16 380 L + Nitrox so it does nitrox I stand corrected!
SCR-20231203-bmnb.png

Back
Top Bottom