Where To Stay In Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Have a family thing in Australia. Wife agreed 2 weeks in Australia with her family and I could spend 1 week in Philippines. Will be in Philippines for 6 days/5 nights. Arrive at 4am to Manila and fly to Sydney at 7:45pm. So, should be able to get 5 full days of diving. Leaning towards Buceo as resort seems nice enough and has a pool, which Crystal Blue does not. What are current recs for best place for photographers with good guides. Thank you

I've done Crystal Blue four times and the guides are great there too.

However if a pool is a deal breaker then go for Buceo.

A review of Buceo here from YouTube that I watched this morning. Bear in mind all of the dive sites are accessible with every dive centre.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Seems it is either Buceo or Crystal Blue. Nobody uses any of the other resorts?

If you look at dive pricing structures at most the resorts it get weird.
You pay for the boat and guide separately, so if your a single diver or a couple you may end up paying for the whole boat yourselves. The pricing at Buceo is all included, you just pay per dive, that is what originally attracted me to Buceo when it first opened and I've been happy there and keep going back.

If you look at dive pricing structures at most the resorts it get weird.
You pay for the boat and guide separately, so if your a single diver or a couple you may end up paying for the whole boat yourselves. The pricing at Buceo is all included, you just pay per dive, that is what originally attracted me to Buceo when it first opened and I've been happy there and keep going back.

Thanks for the heads up. The $240 round trip shuttle from Manila airport seems a little excessive though.

Thanks for the heads up. The $240 round trip shuttle from Manila airport seems a little excessive though.
Hi
Private land transport in the Phil is crazy.
Public is cheap.
To go to Anilao by public transport, it is a bus to Batangas then a jeepney to Mabini and a tricycle to the resort.
With luggage and to save some money, just take the bus to Batangas main terminal and ask the resort to pick you up there.
Sometimes, there are taxis in Batangas also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom