HELP with a short 4-night dive trip next month, should we stay in a dive resort in Puerto Galera, Palawan, or somewhere else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's so special about Asia divers vs scandi or the others?
If staying at El Galleon, it is right on site. Walk from room or restaurant right to the boat.
It is one of the few dive operators that has its own pier. Most others require you to wade out into the water to got into the boat. Beyond that, I can't really compare to others.

Too much travel to get to PG in my view considering the amount of time you have. You will waste all the first day and most of the last.

You can go to Anilao in 2.5 hours from the airport. I dived with Buceo Anilao in August and cannot recommend them more highly. Great diving too, better than PG. Bit more expensive than some parts of PG, but not too bad.

Too much travel to get to PG in my view considering the amount of time you have. You will waste all the first day and most of the last.

You can go to Anilao in 2.5 hours from the airport. I dived with Buceo Anilao in August and cannot recommend them more highly. Great diving too, better than PG. Bit more expensive than some parts of PG, but not too bad.
I would agree that Anilao makes a ton of sense for such a short visit. As I have yet to dive Anilao, why do you consider the diving there to be better than PG? I chose PG for my last trip and the next one I am taking 10 days from now due to the variety of reef, macro and access to Verde Island. I am much more of a reef enthusiast and enjoy macro, but would not want macro to be all I did on a dive trip, and I guess I have always had the impression that Anilao was more about the very small stuff. Appreciate your feedback!

I would agree that Anilao makes a ton of sense for such a short visit. As I have yet to dive Anilao, why do you consider the diving there to be better than PG? I chose PG for my last trip and the next one I am taking 10 days from now due to the variety of reef, macro and access to Verde Island. I am much more of a reef enthusiast and enjoy macro, but would not want macro to be all I did on a dive trip, and I guess I have always had the impression that Anilao was more about the very small stuff. Appreciate your feedback!

For the 4 day trip if one is into macro Anilao makes a bit more sense, loosing diving time to travelling. If you are not a fan of macro Anilao is not your place.

For a longer trip if your into macro doing a combination can make sense.
Anilao does have some acess to reefs/wide angle...they aren't as popular as the Anilao crowd is usually there for the great macro diving. The macro can be off the hook and there is good reason it's world class critter diving. If the resort/divers doesn't want to dive wide angle you might be unhappy.
One drawback to Anilao is your basically stuck at your resort, and if the food isn't to your liking that sucks. The food in the PI can be notoriously mediocre to outright meeh, and I'm a good food lover so I got to be careful in my resort choices, It"s not easy to go from place to place. So if you want nightlife, variable restaurants, and being able to stroll around PG is the place.

Back
Top Bottom