Post Diving in Thailand - What island to visit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koh Lanta is great, a favourite of mine. I note some suggestions for Koh Tao, personally I feel it would not suit your requirements. This Island more caters to the mass touris'm back packer market, do not like the place myself.
Also In the East of Thailand and not a great distance from Bangkok is Koh Chang. Whilst over recent years there has been quite some development on the island, the East side still remains very quiet Salakphet has a few resorts, and some excellent seafood restaurants.
Unfortunately in Thailand with the mass touris'm it courts the more quiet places are becoming fewer.

Wow thank you everyone! I guess I have a lot more island research to do! Yeah would have liked to go to Cambodia but getting there easily is a big factor as we will be flying from Sorong and thus blow a day getting to any major city. I'll be back once I have had a chance to read up on the suggestions!

I enjoyed Koh Tao; I was tired after diving each day so I skipped the party scene.

GJS

Koh Tao is my favourite place, probably on the planet. It's very pretty, the beaches are great. It's nice and small, but not so small that you get bored. There's good restaurants and GREAT bars (I love the Lotus Bar). I was there 4 years ago, when I was 23, and I was right into the partying. But even if you're not, it's pretty easy to avoid. If you really want to avoid it, you can stay at somewhere other than the main town.

There's a few cars on the island, but not too many. You can rent a motorcycle to go explore, which was awesome to go up the mountains for the view. You can also rent a kayak and go to the nearby islands.

There's a small street with good street food every night. There's also a few good restaurants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom