Where to dive in Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danielasc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm planing a trip to Costa Rica and would appreciate tips on where to dive there and dive shops. I'm in doubt about going to Cano Island or to the North/Catalina.

Thanks,
Daniela

By far the best diving in Costa Rica is out to Cocos Island. But both Cano & Catalina offer interesting diving.

By far the best diving in Costa Rica is out to Cocos Island. But both Cano & Catalina offer interesting diving.
Unfortunatly Coco Island is too expensive for me. Maybe in a few years. Btw Cano or Catalina what do you recommend?

I've never been to Cano Island but have heard good things about it. My family had a vacation to Playa Ocotal and we dived Bat Islands, Catalinas Islands and did some local sites. We saw Bull Sharks and a Manta at Bat Islands, Mantas and Devil Rays at Catalinas and sharks, turtles, eels, interesting reef fish everywhere. I would gladly go back if I had the opportunity. I have heard very good things about Rocket Frog and understand they have a fast boat, making the longer trips to Bats and Catalinas much shorter. The operation we used, Ocotal Divers, does not appear to be in business any longer

I've never been to Cano Island but have heard good things about it. My family had a vacation to Playa Ocotal and we dived Bat Islands, Catalinas Islands and did some local sites. We saw Bull Sharks and a Manta at Bat Islands, Mantas and Devil Rays at Catalinas and sharks, turtles, eels, interesting reef fish everywhere. I would gladly go back if I had the opportunity. I have heard very good things about Rocket Frog and understand they have a fast boat, making the longer trips to Bats and Catalinas much shorter. The operation we used, Ocotal Divers, does not appear to be in business any longer
Thank you very much for you help.

Back
Top Bottom