Pennsylvania Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fireman1396

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New here, and new diver (40 dives currently). From Northeast Pennsylvania. Been diving every other weekend since my cert. Dove a bit in Bermuda a few months ago. Volunteer firefighter, so ultimate goal for now is ERDI. Been reading around the forums for awhile and really enjoying it here so far.

Welcome to SB from Pittsburgh! If you're ever down my way and want to do some diving, don't hesitate to PM me :)

Welcome!
Always glad to meet a fellow land locked diver.
I'm from central PA. There are a few local dive spots around here if you don't mind lakes & quarry.

Whereabouts in NE PA?
I think you will find local diving quite different than Bermuda. Does your local FD have a dive team?

Poconos, Scranton, Stroudsburg area.
Yea local is MUCH different than Bermuda lol. Though my cert dives were done in PA, so we are talking like 40F water temps that day lol.
Local FD does not have a dive team as of YET. I'm the one of the few people working on starting us one.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida..........

Years ago I dove in the Youghiogheny river/ reservoir at Ohiopyle. I remember that my partner and I were at about 90 feet down and we couldn't see our hands in front of us. The current was also very strong. Not a fun dive but a challenging one. Anyone been there?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom