Just reached 200+ dives and dropped some lead!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrts!!

I'm still working on reducing the weight. I know I'm overweighted every time I go down, because I have to pump air into my BCD at the beginning of each dive, but I'm hesitating to drop the extra bit, as I wouldn't be able to control ascending freely during safety stop, and I had that happen to me a few times. Thankfully I was with people who are familiar with me and they held me down for the duration of the safety stops. Then again, they were the ones who encouraged me to take less weight in the first place...:confused:

Any tips you could share? Thanks!

For me, I think it was just a matter of putting in the time so that I finally relaxed enough to not hold so much air in my lungs. It's a nice feeling. You'll get there too - probably sooner than you think. :)

What did you do to trigger the weight loss? Or what was your eureka moment?

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!

GJS

I wish I could say there was a plan and it worked - but it was more a matter of a eureka moment and trusting that if I took off the weight I would still have enough - and eureka! I did!

Back
Top Bottom