Service Pressure on Thermo Pro Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panama Jones

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Thermos pro-valve SP12. Stamped into the valve is 230 bar. However, there is a black sticker that says 2400psi service pressure.

What is this service pressure? Does this mean it cannot be used on a 3000psi Aluminum 80? The website is vague. It says pro-valves are good to 3442. It doesn't explain what the service pressure is. the 230 bar sounds right but why a valve with 2400 service pressure?

I want to use it with my HOG REGS on AL 80s.

The 2400 service pressure of the valve is due to the burst disk in the valve.

Bob

which can be changed quite easily for reference, part of our lovely DoT's requirements for burst discs on valves...

but the stamp on that piece says 4000psi

There are thee pressures on the valve
stamped into the body of the valve 230 bar
stamped into the over pressure 4000psi
a black sticker says 2400?

so no use on 3000al80?

2400*5/3=4000 which is the burst disc blow pressure, 2400 is the working pressure of the cylinders that that valve was originally sold for. If you are putting them on 3000psi WP tanks then you should have the burst disc swapped to 5000psi burst discs, they're very cheap

And burst disks are going to be stamped in psi despite the OP being in Canada and supposedly having metric tanks.

2400 psi tanks = 4000psi burst disks
3000 psi tanks = 5000psi burst disks
3442 psi tanks = 5250psi burst disks

The valves are fine for any of those tank/burst disk combinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom