Cozumel Airport forbidden items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... My mom stuffed a DEET wipe into the handrest of our car when we parked outside Local 707. After dinner, the plastic was soft, sticky, and starting to deform..

Gaack! Just think then what DEET can do to your skin, the largest organ of your body. Give me Picaridin any day.

Gaack! Just think then what DEET can do to your skin, the largest organ of your body. Give me Picaridin any day.
It is great for reconditioning your headlamp lens. Spray on high percentage DEET, let it sit for half a minute and clean off. It melts the surface and blends out the micro pits and scratches.
Not sure why they have problems with wipes, aerosol cans with flammable propellants I can understand but not wipes. I have always kept a few Off wipes in my back pack in the same pocket as my alcohol hand wipes, Sudafed and Imodium AD.

I've never had any trouble transporting wipes. Would love to hear the real reason Coz doesn't allow.

Darn it. I took a new batch of Enloops for my flash, but then I had to cannibalize my camera to fix the missus' camera. Never got my camera wet. Never took the enloops out of the package or out of the backpack.

Went to catch Mayair and donated them to the security guys.....

Does the "wipes" ban apply to DEET wipes only, or does it include disinfecting wipes?

From the US to Coz, Lithium Batteries in storage box - in check-in or carry-on?

From the Coz to US, Lithium Batteries in storage box - in check-in or carry-on?

Can you buy batteries there at the Mega Supermarket or other local stores?

From the US to Coz, Lithium Batteries in storage box - in check-in or carry-on?

From the Coz to US, Lithium Batteries in storage box - in check-in or carry-on?

Can you buy batteries there at the Mega Supermarket or other local stores?

1) From US to Coz batteries in carry on, only truly applies to Lithium but why chance it, all batteries in carry on unless
installed in equipment. If the Lithium battery is large, contact the manufacturer and get a spec sheet or letter that states it is within Dot / FAA limits.

2) From COZ to USA, all batteries not installed in equipment, regardless of type, go in the checked luggage but after you clear customs transfer them back to your carry on if you have to recheck them.

3) Mega and Chadraui sell common batteries but not all types. Several years ago I needed some CR123 batteries, the only place I found them was at the Fuji store on Juarez and 30th and then they were $5 USD each.

Last edited:
I know it has been about 5 years since I have been/dived there and that seems like an eternity ago. :)

Oh how things keep changing.

2) From COZ to USA, all batteries not installed in equipment, regardless of type, go in the checked luggage but after you clear customs transfer them back to your carry on if you have to recheck them.

The gate agent at checkin was very specific on batteries not installed in a device: AA batteries (Eneloops in plastic carrier in my case) into checked luggage. Lithium batteries (spare camera batteries) into carryon. This was in July 2016.

As gopbroek mentioned, I also transferred all batteries to carryon after clearing customs in the USA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom