Mantis Chromis vs Oceanic OCI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THarrison01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have narrowed my search for a dive computer down to the OCI or the Chromis. It is a tough decision and need some help. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
The OCI is AI and dual algorithm DSAT, PZ+. The Chromis is not AI and runs a Uwatec specific middle of the road Buhlmann variant. They're hardly comparable. I'm sure either would be fine.

I just got my first computer after AOW and nitrox. I say dive the tables for a while to get smarter about diving first. "Learn by doing"

I got the chromis based on recommendations from the folks I dive with because it is easier on my older eyes. I probably would have got the Aladin if my eyes were less tired. Under spend and learn, plenty of time to get better stuff when more experienced.

I have narrowed my search for a dive computer down to the OCI or the Chromis. It is a tough decision and need some help. Any suggestions?
Neither...

Learn to dive with either the dive tables or a simple basic dive computer such as the Zoop that you were looking at about 25 posts ago. Than go plan your dives with this table/computer and compare your actual dive with your plan. Once you have figured out "diving" than you can look for a cool sophisticated dive computer that has does everything under the sun.

I know you can look on the internet at the different algorithms that these computers run but do you know the "WHY" for choosing one algorithm over another one for your type of diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom