Rubber Cement vs. AquaSeal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use rubber cement or some other readily available glue on drysuit seals/patching/gluing pockets/etc.?

I usually buy the big $25 tube of aquaseal, but if something from Lowe's will work just as well I'd just as soon buy that.

Thanks,
Mike

I wonder if Shoe Goo is the same thing as Aquaseal.... had to fix my favorite pair of work boots last night and they sure seam similar.

Jay

There are a bunch of products kind of like Aquaseal. I think they have similar compositions and results. IMO, Aquaseal and the like once set are not very flexible, and are pretty permanent. Personally I'd be very particular using like that on any dive gear if there is any likelihood of needing to ever remove it.
I would NEVER NEVER use it to put seals on. Gack!

I think that's a fair criticism. At least with drysuit glue you can heat it up and it comes apart easily. I'll keep the aquaseal to pockets and other permanent things.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom