Hollis F1 lite fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgmontgomery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone tried the new lite F1s? I have a pair of F2s that I like, but they just don't cut it in ripping current. I haven't tried the F1s, but they feel a bit heavy to me. My old Jet fins are too heavy IMHO.
I need something fairly lite that has enough thrust to deal with current. The F1 (lite version) seem perfect as do the Dive Rite/Apollo Prestige fins.
Thanks

I haven't tried the F1 LT, but I had the same problem with F1. They felt too heavy and somewhat cumbersome in manoeuvring. I switched to Apeks RK3. They are neutral or a tad positive, have more spacious foot pockets and shorter blades. I'm most satisfied with them. The only thing of Hollis I like better, are the heel tabs. From the description it sounds that F1 LT have gone in the same direction. The foot pockets seem to have the same low profile, though.

The LTs are heavy in relation to my Slipstreams. The pair I have hasn't been wet and I waited too long to send them back, so PM me if you want them.

What size & $$? BTW-sorry it took me so long to respond; for some reason I'm not getting notifications.

So is it correct to say that the F1 LT is lighter than the F1 and has a shorter blade than the F1 (making it similar to the F2 with respect to blade length?) but is not quite as light as the F2?

I'll give a shout out to the DR XT, best all round fin I've used for wetsuit diving and I've owned many many fins. The M had a a nice length the small is significantly shorter. I own both sizes.

I have the regular F1s. I only use them when I need a negative fin - which means when I'm diving dry. When I can use a neutral fin, I use my Atomic Blades and find them to be better for propulsion and for technical kicks than the F1s. So, no way I'd buy the F1 LTs.

Also, Atomic has a new blade fin, the X1, which is supposed to be even better than the original Blade. And it's a fair bit less expensive, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom