Recommendation between Zeagle scout and ScubaPro Lite hawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive mainly cold water and am looking for something simple and something that doesn't constrict the chest torso area. I've considered a BPW setup but it doesn't seem right for me. Looking to spend under $400 for my first bc.

Curious why a BPW "doesn't seem right" for you. Did someone tell you that, or did you surmise it on your own?

Our dive shop regularly orders the Scouts with larger wings. Unless it is something Zeagle has done this model year they are not sewn in and its simple couple minute changeover.
I wonder if my dealer knows that since he's the one that told me that initially....lol

Or he lied to me to get me to buy something better. If you knew the guy you wouldn't be surprised...

Brent,

I've been diving a scout for 8+ years in both warm and cold water, wetsuits and drysuit. It's simple and rugged. Of course you'll need to use a weightbelt. I originally got mine from Scubatoys and they swapped out the 24 for a 35 lb wing. Not sure if they'll still be willing to do that for you.

Oh, and I cut off the cummerbund.

boat

BP/W never ever constrict the chest torso area, jacket bc does.
DGX has a complete set for US$299.00. All you need is a simple weight belt + weight and you are good to dive. And if you do not like weight belt then invest the $100.00 that you had saved on couple of pouches.

Back
Top Bottom