Swing Flip Lens adapters...anyone use these? Would love some input, these arent exactly inexpensive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It mounts between your tray and the camera. See the third image on the link above. The flip has lots of holes in it. 2 are chambered to allow the flip mounting screws to be flush. The other 3 holes will be threaded.

Before adding the flip I used a single screw to mount my camera housing to my tray (even though my housing has 2 screw holes). I now use 2 screws to mount the flip to my camera housing and then 1 screw to mount the tray to the flip. It moved the camera back about 1/2 inch. But no issues.

Oh Man, really??? :(

A concern I have about the Fantasea adapter--looks like it "clips" on to the port with the lens attached....so if I don't want to use it it hangs down or goes into a keeper of some sort. I would really like fast and easy.

THANK you for pointing this out to me. Much appreciated!
The subsee diopters are +5 and +10. They do make the camera a little front heavy, but they are an excellent macro option for your camera. They will custom make the adapter for your housing if need be.
ReefNet Inc. | SubSee Magnifier and Adapter

The Saga flip adapters and macro diopters are some of the best we've seen outside of the Nauticam CMC and SMC. Their flip adapters generally will fit 67mm threaded ports, including the new Fantasea FG7XII.

Their diopters taper to a smaller diameter, are lighter, have excellent anodizing and build quality. They are competitively priced.

I have been using the Howshot M67 Mount base adaptors with various cases without any issues at all.
I actually love this piece of kit and it is the biggest reason why I have stayed with compact and have not moved to DSLR yet. The flexibility is very hard to beat. You wont regret it.

I am ordering one very soon! On to the lenses--- there are several out there for close up work with varying prices....any suggestions there? I see Saga, Inon , Subsee and I just don't know where to land with these.....what should I be looking for? I figure I will be shooting shrimps, blennies, close ups of coral, anything stationary I can find lol. Thoughts?

I bought both a subsee +5 and +10 originally for a S&S DX-1G. And then discovered that a diopter was useless due to the camera's short zoom (70mm) and extremely close focus ability. I then moved up to a canon G16. I have discovered that I never use the +5. I did not even take it on the last trip.

The depth of field is very small with the +10. It is very difficult to use if there is any kind of surge or current.

Some people stack diopters. You need 67mm threads on both ends to do this.

Back
Top Bottom