Florida Keys Aquarium Dive - Marathon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I searched for this topic but got nothing. Saw a big thread on the Georgia Aquarium dive but nothing on the Marathon version. You can see more about it here: Coral Reef Encounter - Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters

It's probably not as grand as the Georgia version, but it's also only $130. Looks like about 30 minutes in the tank.

I'm just wondering if anybody has done this dive before and what you thought.

Thanks,

Dave
Dallas, TX

Interesting. Tank is 10ft deep and 200,000 gallons so the surface area if it would be square is about 265 by 165 so it would be a decent sized tank. If the weather is decent and you are in Marathon it is easy to dive a real reef. So this is probably best for kids and folks who do not dive much.

I've been there but not dived there. They are super nice folks. Regular entry fee to see everything is really cheap and it's a great way to spend a couple of hours. However, I didn't think that diving inside it would be really worth it. You're better off spending that money going on a shallow reef dive with one of the local dive ops.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom