CO Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

49north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any recent feedback on the Cootwo analyzer? In reading through the threads, it seems like there have been some issues with inaccurate CO readings. This being a new product, I can't help but wonder if there are some bugs that need to be sorted out.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nuvair De Ox analyzer? It is considerably more expensive and the replacement sensors are almost 4 times the price. Is it that much better?

Are there any other analyzers worth considering?

Thanks!

the Cootwo is perfectly fine, there have been some wonky sensors that have gone out, but have been replaced. No different than any other analyzer since they all use the same sensors. No way I'd spend the money for the Oxycheq when the cootwo is cheaper and does more.... Perfectly happy with mine and per the vast majority that our out there, it is accurate

the Cootwo is perfectly fine, there have been some wonky sensors that have gone out, but have been replaced. No different than any other analyzer since they all use the same sensors. No way I'd spend the money for the Oxycheq when the cootwo is cheaper and does more.... Perfectly happy with mine and per the vast majority that our out there, it is accurate

Will the unit still function if the CO calibration expires?

How much does it cost to get reference gas and a regulator to calibrate yourself? Where do you get this?

@DiveNav - Alberto should chime in here now.....

(I'd also like to know what is the recommended CO/Air mixture (% or ppm) for calibrating)

Last edited:
Will the unit still function if the CO calibration expires?

How much does it cost to get reference gas and a regulator to calibrate yourself? Where do you get this?

it should still function normally, though Alberto may be able to give a better answer for that that I can. You can find bump gas in a myriad of places, but here's a convenient one. $30 and should last a few years of calibration
OxyCheq - 15 PPM CO Bump Test Calibration Gas

it should still function normally, though Alberto may be able to give a better answer for that that I can. You can find bump gas in a myriad of places, but here's a convenient one. $30 and should last a few years of calibration
OxyCheq - 15 PPM CO Bump Test Calibration Gas

That doesn't seem bad! Thanks!

What would you use for the 0 PPM part of the calibration? Could you use pure oxygen or would that somehow mess up the O2 sensor?

pure o2 won't mess up the sensor since it is typically combined with an o2 sensor to measure pure o2.

for bump gas, I'll probably just go to our lab at work and use some calibrating gas from there, not sure where 0ppm bump gas would be easy to find unless you have access to liquid o2, co2, or something similar

Do you think welding grade O2 would work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom