CO Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DiveNav

If somebody who lives overseas far away from the US buys the cootwo, what should they do for the calibration a year after they have bought the device? Sending it back to you in the US and return will cost almost the price of a new unit.

Thank you for the links. The issue for us here in Libya is getting the CO bottles for testing. They seem to indicate that it can't be shipped by couriers. For the 0ppm, I can use medical O2 (98% O2).

Thank you for the links. The issue for us here in Libya is getting the CO bottles for testing. They seem to indicate that it can't be shipped by couriers. For the 0ppm, I can use medical O2 (98% O2).
If I lived and dived there, I'd be willing to just buy a new CooToo every year.

@BurhanMuntasser any chance you can bring some back when you come to the us? The can from oxycheq is 2.5oz so should be able to fly as an aerosol can....

If they let me put it in my checked in luggage, I suppose I will. I think that I have a couple of business meetings in the US in the coming few months.

If I lived and dived there, I'd be willing to just buy a new CooToo every year.

I would but I was thinking of buying few units to sell to locals here. They won't go for it if they had to buy one every year. Libyan currency went down in value by a factor of 4 vs. the USD in the last year or so because of the political/military/oil situation so it costs 4 times what it used to cost a while back. Imagine having to pay $1000 for the device instead of $250.

I have to find a way to bring the CO cans and be the "calibration" station for the units I bring and sell. I'd charge few dinars for a buff of CO :)

So now that we know @DiveNav is reading... :wink:

1. How does the unit let you know that it needs CO calibration? I probably will just send mine in since I live nearby.

2. Any word on the PDF (or otherwise written?) manual? I don't like watching the videos. I would be so grateful if we could get a manual I could print out. I keep all my dive gear manuals in a binder. I'm just old school that way. I don't find the videos convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom