Experience with TillyTec Maxi Uni?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Is it someone here that have any experience with, or heard something about the new TillyTec Maxi Uni led torches? I am not able find any reviews online. According to a dealer i spoke to (Norway) it is supposed to deliver just as good as the canisterlights but for half the price and with only one 26650 battery. The LED-module I am looking at is 3600 lumen with an angle of 15*, 50.000 LUX. If it performes as good as they say, it seems like a nice torch for a reasonable price. Please let me know if you have tested or heard something about this light, or if you have an opninon about it.
For referance: TillyTec Maxi uni LED Tauchlampe

I would be very skeptical about how long that lasts, none of the burn times they list on their product review are even remotely possible if it is putting out that much light. 15* is also rather wide as a primary imho. I would be surprised if that light burned for more than 20 minutes at 3600 lumen if a single 26650 is even capable of driving it hard enough to get those results. Something about if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

What is good at that case (it is not light you need light module which costs same price or more) is that you can swap modules and made different combinations (special if you are DIY ) and have relatively nice space inside (fi = cca 50 mm x ca 40mm (deep) )

You have to calculate energy that battery holds and energy that leds need for it work ( and 3600 lm range is around 38W +/- :cry:of consumption)

Used the maxi uni for a dive last night. I also have a led 4500 tt2 from tillytec and i love the New one. Its small, light and Just as powerfull! Used it for 90min and had 45% left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom