A huge thumbs up to Tres Pelicanoes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with TP too but I also have made friends with DM's at several ops over the years & like to spend a day or 2 with them some trips. Most however work for shops that are more expensive so with the rather poor Canadian dollar TP's multi day package is a big bonus & may limit just who I spend my dive money with other than TP. I know Pony, Jorge, Jeannie & Mike from their time before joining up with Steve & when Jorge went there so did I.

Steve caught us diving with another op last January and it wasn't pretty. He threatened to give me bad feedback! I had a particular reason to dive one day with a different op, and while they were great they cost more and we didn't get anything better. I think that I should try some different dive shops but I won't unless there is some real reason.

I hope you're joking. There are a handful of dive ops that I dive with in Coz that I really like and plan to dive with again but if any one of them demanded exclusivity and gave me a hard time about using someone else that would completely end my relationship with them.

I hope you're joking. There are a handful of dive ops that I dive with in Coz that I really like and plan to dive with again but if any one of them demanded exclusivity and gave me a hard time about using someone else that would completely end my relationship with them.
I'm joking, because he was joking.I

Anyone who dives with 3P's knows Steve was jesting. Nothing wrong with some jesting amongst family... just adds to the fun in my opinion. I'm personally looking forward to giving him some crap about how his 2016 diet has been going over the past year. I assume it has been going about the same as his 2015 diet went (as has mine both years)!

Memo to self... Still got to request 18lbs to get me down the 1st day when all is bone dry. Hope to end the 2-week trip @ 14 lbs again.

Umm... Steve, the trip I can get down with 12lbs the first day you're buying me dinner and it ain't gonna be a salad as I'll have had my fill of those by then!

Last edited:
Anyone who dives with 3P's knows Steve was jesting. Nothing wrong with some jesting amongst family... just adds to the fun in my opinion. I'm personally looking forward to giving him some crap about how his 2016 diet has been going over the past year. I assume it has been going about the same as his 2015 diet went (as has mine both years)!

Memo to self... Still got to request 18lbs to get me down the 1st day when all is bone dry. Hope to end the 2-week trip @ 14 lbs again.

Umm... Steve, the trip I can get down with 12lbs the first day you're buying me dinner and it ain't gonna be a salad as I'll have had my fill of those by then!

Dinner it is and YES my 2016 diet has failed me again. You go with 16 pounds your first day. I will take an extra two for you if you need it. All you have to do is expel all that hot air you bring along.---Thanks for the response about the joke with BRT. BRT has been a Pelican for four years now. He opted to dive with another shop because friends had booked with them. I expect to see BRT and the missus back again this winter.

I was one of the first Pelicans....One of the first two or three, if I remember correctly.
My first dives with them, they didn't even have their own boat in the water yet :shocked:

But even then the experience was such that I became a fan and started sharing my TP fandom with others in here.

Happily, they just kept getting better and better when they got the Skinny Shark in the water. They have never given me any reason to regret recommending them to fellow scubaboarders, or the divers I have encountered in other ways.

I was very disappointed when Servando left 3P's, and would like nothing better than to see him return to the fold. But even without him, 3P's is the best operation I have had the pleasure of diving with anywhere in the world that I have been fortunate enough to get wet. This in spite of the fact that I managed a dive resort in Fiji for a time.

I have at times toyed with the idea of starting my own operation...either stand alone or as part of a resort. If, oh and that is a really big if, I ever do make that leap, the blueprint for my dive op will be the Tres Pelicanos model.

Dinner it is and YES my 2016 diet has failed me again. You go with 16 pounds your first day. I will take an extra two for you if you need it. All you have to do is expel all that hot air you bring along.---Thanks for the response about the joke with BRT. BRT has been a Pelican for four years now. He opted to dive with another shop because friends had booked with them. I expect to see BRT and the missus back again this winter.

Plan to see you in January!

Anyone who dives with 3P's knows Steve was jesting. Nothing wrong with some jesting amongst family...

Explanation accepted! I mentioned it because I have known shop owners who would take that position and NOT be joking. And I've dived with 3P and Steve was even on the boat but I wouldn't presume to know someone through and through based on one encounter.

On a side note: Jorge Cabrera finished 1st in his Division in yesterday's Ironman

Edit note: 1st in his Division, again, with a replacement bike he tuned up late after his good bikes 'disappeared' in August.

Last edited:
On a side note: Jorge Cabrera finished 1st in his Division in yesterday's Ironman

AWESOME! We saw a pic of him on facebook taken during the bike segment but hadn't heard the results.

I've been wondering what else I can ditch in my luggage to load a box of energy bars for Jorge but if I shed any more I'll probably be walking around the island naked or (at best) REALLY stinking. My much better 1/2 won't put up with that... she puts up with far more than enough as it is.

I am at a 70%/20%/10% weight split in our bags now. Dive grear gets 70%, wife gets 20% and I get 10%. Yes, I've become very proficient at plugging the bathtub and using my feet as a washing machine to clean my 10% as needed!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom