How the heck did that happen? 10 years of ScubaBoard?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just looking through some old forums and wandered across my first post.

Oct 11, 2006!?!?! There are so many people here, and such a great community, that I never even noticed the time passing.

I'm still seeing a lot of the same people posting the great advice, thoughtful comments and welcoming help to everyone. Seeing the same names year over year, I never realized how much time had passed.

I would like to thank all the old hands, the new hands and everyone who has been so helpful over the years.

ScubaBoard is still the most welcoming and helpful forum I've found, on almost any topic, anywhere.

Thank you all for contributing to the community and especially diver safety.

Here's to ScubaBoard; may our great great grandkids still have you around in the far far future.

--tep

Been thinking about your post from a different perspective. I started training in late 2005, but got my OW cert. in April 2006, then joined this forum late that same year. The other day I ran across an old Dive Training Magazine, I think from April '06, and it had an article that the Oriskany had been cleared to sink.

Wow. I feel old. It's been a great forum to be a part of.

Richard.

Your post prompted me to look at when I joined SB. Yep, it's been 10 years. Amazing. Looks like my first post was 3 years after I joined, though. I was more involved with other things back then. I have only been obsessed with scuba for the last few years. I agree it's cool to see people actively participating for a decade or more.

13 years for me. Close to a record for a troll.

I joined in August 2001 to refute rumors when we had a fatality. Seems like 3 different formats ago.

I joined late 2007 upon advice from my first (and only) regular buddy (he moved years ago and rarely dives now). On one of our first snowbird trips to Destin they had just sunk the Oriskany. I probably joined about every scuba forum there is and quit almost all. My theory is that Scubaboard was one of the first in 2000 and got a huge number of members at the get go. Thus, there is usually at least one thing of interest here most days, as opposed to other forums that may have recent posts like a month ago. I probably have learned more here than from all the courses I took, or at least as much. And it's a great way to kill time in retirement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom