Fiji Aggressor Trip Report with pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNDATC

Registered
Reaction score
I have just returned from a week aboard the Fiji Aggressor (Sept. 3-10). This was my third trip on an Aggressor boat (was previously aboard the Sun Dancer in Belize and Turks and Caicos Aggressor)and I had another great experience. The crew was great as I have come to expect and the other quests were a lot of fun as well. The cabins were very spacious and included very large private bathroom with a large shower. Over all I was very happy with the trip and would definitely do it again.

This was my first trip outside the Caribbean, so I was pretty excited to say the least. The Fiji Aggressor changed its itinerary after Cyclone Winston tore through the islands in Feb. 2016, so the itinerary on the website is not accurate right now. However, The reef did not disappoint. The new dive sites are located about a 4-5 hour steam south of the capital city of Suva. We saw very few other boats and no other live aboard operators the whole week. The coral at many of the dive sites was more dense than anything I have see before and appeared to be very healthy. I did see a little bit of bleaching here and there but no large sections. We were not lucky enough to see a lot of large creatures during the week but there was still an abundance of life and some of the most beautiful coral scenes I have ever seen. We did see one Great Hammerhead Shark, several White Tip and Grey Reef Sharks and two Leopard Sharks along with a few turtles. The crew reported seeing a mother and calf humpback whale swim quickly by the boat but all the quests were on a dive at the time so we didn't see them.

Here are a couple negatives, neither of which put a damper on my week aboard, but they are negatives nonetheless. I will say that of the three yachts I have been on to this point, this was probably my least favorite in terms of comfort while not in your cabin or on a dive. It did feel slightly cramped at times between dives as there didn't seem to be as much room for the quests to spread out as the other boats I have been on, especially if no one went to their cabin to rest. Putting your gear on was also a bit tight sometimes as your BCD and fins are down on the swim platform, so with ten divers there is not really enough room for everyone to get ready at the same time without some manuvering.

Here is a Flickr album of pictures I took during the week, I hope you enjoy them.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskHbLMDq

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them. I will do my best to answer them.

Amazing pics! Can you give some detail on your camera gear?

Amazing pics! Can you give some detail on your camera gear?

Thank you! Here is my photo gear list.

Olympus OM-D E-M1
M. Zuiko ED 12-50MM F3.5-6.3 EZ
Nauticam CMC-1
Nauticam Housing
2x Sea & Sea YS-D2 strobes

I am actually going on a trip with Fiji Aggressor soon. Quick question: Is there any mobile coverage while on the water? I am thinking about buying the Vodafone SIM but if it does not offer any mobile data plan coverage over the water during the trip, then it does not make much sense. Pls advice. Tks!

Yes there is coverage. One of the other guest bought a SIM and was able to get data during the whole trip, I think. The boat also has a WIFI device on board that we were allowed to use at no charge, however it was not nearly as dependable as that quest's SIM.

Got it. Cool. I guess I will try my luck with the SIM card then. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! BTW, great pix! Looks like it was a great trip for you.

Back
Top Bottom