Tusa Imprex Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finding a DIN conversion will prove difficult?
I think there is a good chance that you will be able to find a DIN connector that will fit your regulator but you might want to post a photo of the yoke bolt here before you try. A photo might not show enough info to tell which DIN connectors will fit, but it should show enough to rule out many. I just tried a Scubapro universal DIN bolt on my MK5 clone and it did not fit properly. There were not enough threads on the SP bolt for it to bottom out.

I will post a photo asap, I had thought it would be best to convert for a neater profile, perhaps though I wont worry.
Potential problems with using yoke for a stage bottle?

Still haven't managed to locate a 2nd stage kit. Any help other than generic parts?

Still haven't managed to locate a 2nd stage kit. Any help other than generic parts?

The schematic on Frogkick gives the O-ring sizes you may need. The seat appears to be a puck style that may be replaceable with a generic. Chances are good that all it needs is cleaned, lubed and the existing seat flipped.

Reactions: DDI
Ok, thanks a gain Notsure. I appreciate all the help, if you're ever in Melbourne Australia I owe you a coupe of beers

Ok, thanks a gain Notsure. I appreciate all the help, if you're ever in Melbourne Australia I owe you a coupe of beers

Just throwing it out there, I could most likely get the official service kit here in Japan, I've bought Tusa service kits before, one of my LDS sells kits to me. Anyway if you want one just let me know. Shipping I imagine would be pennies.

I would not assume that the HP seat in the TUSA MK5 clone is the same as the MK5 seat, although if it does turn out to be the same you're in luck; they're everywhere. Anyhow if it were mine I'd take it apart first and inspect the seat and seat retainer to make sure they're the same as the MK5 before ordering any parts.

I ended up selling these on the weekend. I really appreciate the offer buddhasummer. I have a set of Oceanics bp 1st and omega 2 2nd. I will service those instead does your LDs sell omega 2 service kits? The 1st stage is similiar so I guess the mk5/10 kit may suit the oceanic? I will check the seat too. Just have to get time to sit down and do it.

I ended up selling these on the weekend. I really appreciate the offer buddhasummer. I have a set of Oceanics bp 1st and omega 2 2nd. I will service those instead does your LDs sell omega 2 service kits? The 1st stage is similiar so I guess the mk5/10 kit may suit the oceanic? I will check the seat too. Just have to get time to sit down and do it.

You're welcome. The offer to get Tusa kits is open to anyone who needs them. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom