Best all you can eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the buffets I do in Cozumel are definitely breakfast. As mentioned casa Mexicana is really good. I also liked the museum. It had a small buffet with cochinita pibil and everything else. El cid also had great buffet breakfast. If your there for Monday night football a few places,kellys,no name bar are a couple that do all u can eat of different things.

Now I want a cochinita torta .

Now I want a cochinita torta .
upload_2016-10-28_8-14-22.png

My prefered pre dive Breakfast, great Cochinita Tortas, opens at 7AM

I'll second for the breakfast buffet at Playa Azul!
Melia has an excellent breakfast buffet, open to visitors, not just AI customers.

On Sally's recommendation I took the nieces and nephews to Playa Azul. We got there towards the end of their normal service time, but they fired everything back up and served us fresh stuff. Lovely people.

I has the buffet breakfast at Casa Mexicana for a meeting once and it was very good as well.

Buffets are not a "thing" in Mexico. The all-inclusive hotels have them and as mentioned, a few other hotels have then for breakfast only - but it's not a "buffet" culture in Mexico. It's done at hotels for obvious reasons.

Chi, the Chinese restaurant used to have a great Sunday buffet, but I believe that stopped years ago. La Ceiba/El Cid hotel has a really great Sunday brunch buffet.

Cozumel has a plethora of dining options for every budget and taste so I don't think you'll find a shortage of good and plenty of food for your dollar.

If Casa Mexicana's breakfast buffet is as good as it gets, then I second the advice to save the buffet meals for back home at Golden Corral, etc. My memory is of lukewarm, soggy chilaquiles or else having to wait in a line for eggs cooked to order. The fruit was good.

Cochinita torta?! Now that gets my attention.

Maybe I was just lucky that day? We did have a number of people there for the meeting, so maybe we turned things over faster?
Not a big breakfast eater but have the Mexicana breakfast most days when there. Never an issue with cold food or lineups but then I am there when it opens at 7:00 as I need to catch the dive boat at 7:30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom