Best all you can eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the beginning of this century we always did the restaurant thing because the food at hotel cozumel was so bad but a couple of yrs ago they turned it around and we certainly enjoy Breakfast, lunch and dinners there. They are even open late enough to accommodate a post night dive and then their is the food at the pool bar with good guac and chips. But hey, i am known to lie so please stay away cuz i hate lines........must be an army thing.....

Best all you can eat?

Now that's an oxymoron :)our AI is all u can eat and I expect nothing more than subsistence....we'll have dinners out though...too many great one off restaurants in CZM.

7 blocks up the street from your shop. On Calle 5 and mid block up by 35th Ave on the North side of the street

Thanks.I'll try it. I too have to be out early to make sure things go right.

Dave

Try Fogo do Brazil. Its a Brazilian Steakhouse that keeps the food coming until you tell them to stop. Not exactly a buffet but it is all you can eat! Fogo do Brasil cozumel | Facebook

You know JDC, I had never done the Brazilian Steakhouse thing until I was on a Motorola junket. I was really impressed. I mean a constant stream of visitors to the table that want to shave meat on your plate. It was like carnivore heaven.

So when Fogo showed up, I thought this will be awesome. It simply wasn't. The staff was wonderful. We walked in and there was another table of 8 or so there. Staff was there instantly. Literally the kitchen fired up to try and serve us, but I think there was just not enough business to turn it over. Most of the meat they brought was either a little old or burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Smoke was ROLLING out of the kitchen and they were really trying to get it done.

I felt bad about them, so we went to breakfast there a couple times and it was good.

Do they have a handle on it now? Are there steady crowds?

I ate there once for dinner a few years ago soon after it opened. The place was busy, maybe 10-12 tables. The food was plentiful, beef was cooked medium to medium well, I like it closer to rare. My local friends really liked it and I know have been back. For me, I prefer less food cooked the way I like. The OP was looking for quanity so given the almost non existent all you can eat dinner buffets in Cozumel, I thought this might work.
I have had great breakfasts there since!

You know JDC, I had never done the Brazilian Steakhouse thing until I was on a Motorola junket.
You work for Motorola? I was with Motorola/Freescale for 22 years.

I ate there once for dinner a few years ago soon after it opened. The place was busy, maybe 10-12 tables. The food was plentiful, beef was cooked medium to medium well, I like it closer to rare. My local friends really liked it and I know have been back. For me, I prefer less food cooked the way I like. The OP was looking for quanity so given the almost non existent all you can eat dinner buffets in Cozumel, I thought this might work.
I have had great breakfasts there since!

I went there Thursday )( Fogo do Brazil) and so no one there, passed on and went to the old standard Pepe's Grill—It was GREAT with fresh King Crab on the menu and the best service you will ever find. First time in many years for me but I can't tell you how much I love Pepe's Grill. Cost…we'll like lots of things, you do get what you pay for. Not every night for me but I saw a lot of very happy people there.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Back
Top Bottom