Cebu - one more destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MA:
Why no first stage in carryon? I have not heard of this before? Eeek!
This is NOT a closed secret.
It had been mentioned in SB on more than one occasion a while back!

Cebu Pacific:
Item determined by us to be....offensive nature will not be permitted on board.

There is indeed a new rule - a few months ago - that specifies that NO SCUBA GEAR can be taken on carry on luggage. I wrote an email to the Philippino authorities a mail asking for specification. Despite 3 reminders, the only answer was: the text of the new regulation. No scuba gear. Authorities are pretty much the same anywhere in the world :banghead:

Oh this flight is going to be interesting! I might be needing to rebook an early flight home from Manila! I might try work out if there is anywhere to store luggage at Manila airport for the few days I'm in coron.

I have never used the facility but I believe luggage storage is available at T3. However, you really need to confirm it yourself.

Reactions: MA
I am doing my final pack right now. Weighed in at 22.4kgs incl my regs. If I don't take my camera gear I can redistribute the additional to carryon and ditch a few things. So I should be fine! Just :)

That has made my camera rig decisions easy although can't believe I'll be leaving it behind!

Hmm I wonder what they will say about my canister light. It's heavy like a weapon but lithium so can't be checked in. Fun and games! I really hope I like the wrecks

1. The airline is pretty straight with the weight of the check in but they tend to turn a blind eye to the number of hand carry!!! So you might be able to get away with a lot more than permitted 7kg. A small backpack and a sturdy hand carry bag is better than a large backpack.
2. The only time that I ever had problem with my hand carry in Philippines was due to the canister light.
3. The wrecks in Coron are great. The better ones are all in deep water ie >30m. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom