Philippines trip planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have plenty of time - I am not worried at all about connections. I only have one longer ferry (from Dauin to Panglao) and all day for that transit (a non-dive day). I will fly from CEB to Camiguin - staying at Volcan. And then fly back to CEB and meet my friend there who lives there and we will drive to Moalboal together. Those flights have a very high reliability. The other ferries are short and several per day.

I generally have 4 dive days at each place (except 3 at Panglao). I want to get a taste for each and not feel rushed but not overstay in case things are not as great as I hope (which can be affected by DM's, weather, accommodations, illness, etc). Generally I stay places longer but I have also been several places for a week and wished I was leaving sooner.

I am generally staying at nicer resorts since it is not that much money - but that is also why I am not staying super long times, so I preserve a bit of budget. I am fortunate to have all the time I want to take, but I want to leave Visayas with a desire to come back for more rather than a feeling of "been there done that". I have not been to any of these areas, but have been to Philippines, and lots of diving in Indonesia, with plenty of experience in delays and low-cost travel.

I am travelling very light - just a backpack with warm-weather clothes, my mask, torch, and dive computer - so no issues packing/unpacking/etc. The itinerary is not for everyone, but I am excited for it and think it's a great balance.

H
Sipalay is about 5hrs from Dumaguete, exit through Bacolod to MNL so there is no back trekking.
You have to place Southern Leyte at the beginning of the trip. It is dead easy for your mate to travel from Cebu to Padre Bugos.

1. Southern Leyte, Moalboal(Oslob), Dumaguete(Apo island), Siquijor(optional), Sipalay. I do not think you would have much time left for either Anilao or PG.
2. Southern Letye, ferry to Ubay in Bohol, Alona Beach, Ferry back to Cebu, bus to Moalboal(Oslob) and finally Dumaguete.
3. There are other permutations but you only have three wks.
Hi Centrals, there is a direct ferry now from Panglao(Momo Beach) to Oslob(for Moalboal). No need to go back to Cebu. I think it leaves at 0630 each morning. It's operated by Apekop Travel.

@jeremyl
You have lots of time.
Only people who has never ever travelled extensively in the country would believe your proposed trip is difficult. Internet has created a lot of phony "experts" and they are everywhere.
Have a nice trip and please do post a detail report especially around Santander.

H

Hi Centrals, there is a direct ferry now from Panglao(Momo Beach) to Oslob(for Moalboal). No need to go back to Cebu. I think it leaves at 0630 each morning. It's operated by Apekop Travel.
Demand and supply. Definitely staying away from Panglao.
How much is the fare.

This was running before the pandemic. I had a look on their website and it's 1000PHP. The ferry to Cebu is around 800PHP and you also need to go to Tagbilaran. It's not a bad option for going to Moalboal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom