Bonaire/Buddy Dive Power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good for me as all I'll have to plug in are chargers.

Got it...the not on the grid part makes perfect sense to me as to why they are quoted as having 127v 50Hz/60Hz, which is different than when you look up Bonaire on worldwide travel voltage sites.
Not sure what you are quoting. The Buddy Dive brochure (on-line) says 110/220V 50 Hz. I think both voltages are given because in the kitchen the bigger appliances are running on 220, but the wall outlets are 110. But they are ALL 50 Hz.

Not sure what you are quoting. The Buddy Dive brochure (on-line) says 110/220V 50 Hz. I think both voltages are given because in the kitchen the bigger appliances are running on 220, but the wall outlets are 110. But they are ALL 50 Hz.

It's the "Know Before You Go" document. Here's the section on Plugs/Electric:

upload_2016-12-2_11-44-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-2_11-43-47.png
    upload_2016-12-2_11-43-47.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 37
It's the "Know Before You Go" document. Here's the section on Plugs/Electric:

View attachment 386786
LOL! That implies to me that their diesel generators are varying their output between 50 and 60 Hz. Not much control there!

Just got back from a week at Buddy Dive and will post a trip report soon. As far as the power went, I used a travel surge protector and a Bestek converter I got on Amazon to convert all incoming power to 110v US. Probably didn't need the converter, but was happy to see it work. Fan noise (a common complaint on this particular converter) wasn't a problem as the converter was in another room during the night while the batteries were recharging. Other folks said they just used their chargers in the wall and they worked fine for recharging batteries, phones, iPads, etc.

Back
Top Bottom