10.5 Nikon DSLR lens - images & impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the 10.5 and use it for most of my wide angle shots. I also have the 12-24 but don't use it as much because of the softer edges. The 10.5 is sharp to the edges and it is very fun. You just have to get really close which I think is fun to do anyhow.

RichCayman029.jpg

RichCayman025.jpg

RichCayman022.jpg

CaymanWreck3.jpg

CaymanWreck2.jpg

i love those pictures, especially the turtle. I can't wait to get mine underwater :)

You'll be able to get pictures so close that the turtle is virtually touching your camera.. In this picture, the turtle was coming up and touching my dome port because it saw its reflection. I had to nudge it with my strobe arm back a little to get the picture. :D

Nice!!!

Have to admit I don't shoot this lens much now I have picked up the Tokina 10-17mm but here is one from PNG. Tail of the B17 Blackjack, I think the tail is over 30feet tall.

2961714774_5f371de189_o.jpg

Nice pictures everyone. Keep them coming if you can, i'd love to see more examples of what this lens is capable of. :)

I love the 10.5 and use it for most of my wide angle shots. I also have the 12-24 but don't use it as much because of the softer edges. The 10.5 is sharp to the edges and it is very fun. You just have to get really close which I think is fun to do anyhow.

I have thought about buying a 12-24 but i don't think i'd ever use it. I played with it at Ritz Camera for a bit.
I figure I can just use the fisheye, and de-fish it when i don't want the effect in wide angle shots, this way i can save some money for the 70-200mm f/2.8 :D

Here's some more I took with the 10.5. I agree on saving your money from the 12-24 for the 70-200mm, that's a NICE lens! :D

picture-6.jpg

picture-7.jpg

picture-36.jpg

picture-25.jpg

_DSC1625-1.jpg

_DSC1522.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom