$10 Million Mexico tourism ad campaign to start soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This was in TravelWeekly's Mexico enewsletter today. (TW is a travel industry trade magazine and they distribute a weekly Mexico enews to about 25,000+ travel agents and travel industry people in the US and Canada)

"MEANWHILE, the Mexico Tourism Board on Nov. 7 was set to launch a $10 million international tourism marketing push including TV and print ads in an effort to revive interest in Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres and the Mayan Riviera. Officials said the campaign represents one aspect of a series of initiatives that will be undertaken between now and Dec. 15, when the region will have 80% of its rooms operational, according Mexico's President Fox. In addition, the tourism board says Cancun last year hosted 2.3 million foreign tourists, about half of the 5 million people that visited the Mexican Caribbean."

I just posted the following a few minutes ago. This must be part of it b cuz look what one is getting for $199.

Hi there. I subscribe to this thing called Travelzoo. Once a week they send me a notice about some of the best deals they find. Anyway, they had one today for $199! I will post at the bottom what they said. Please note, when they say they sell out fast - they do. I have used them a couple of times for really good deals. I am not associated with them in anyway shape or form so I can't anser any questions. just thought if you were thinking of going there it is an awesome deal.

$249-$269 -- 4 or 5-Night Caribbean Cruises *
Cozumel, Costa Maya
Travel dates: Dec. 8, 12; Jan. 5, 19

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
Update (12:21pm ET, November 9, 2005): The 12/8 sailing has just been further reduced to $199 per person!
We were excited to see four and five-night cruises at hundreds OFF the regular price in recent weeks and now there's even bigger news! Just today, Royal Caribbean & Travelocity reduced rates even further to the rock-bottom rates of only $249-$269 -- including some peak-season sailings in January. Or, you can upgrade and get an oceanview cabin for as low as $299.

Sail 4-nights on Grandeur of the Seas roundtrip Tampa to Cozumel:
- Available on December 8, January 5, January 19 ... sails over the weekend!
- Prices: $249 interior cabins, $299 oceanview cabins

Sail 5-nights on Grandeur of the Seas roundtrip Tampa to Cozumel & Costa Maya:
- Available on December 12
- Prices: $269 interior cabins, $319 oceanview cabins

I work in the cruise industry (please don't hold it against me) and what those specials are is "distressed inventory." The mass-market lines only need about $50 pp/day to cover their costs associated with having you onboard. (when you feed 2000 people and pay minimum wage or less, ecomonies of scale really kick in) Once you are on the ship, the majority of every dime you spend is pure profit. This year's hurricane season hasn't been kind to the embarkation ports in the US or to some Western Caribbean destinations. Snatch them up while they are available. Feb-Apr is looking much better for the cruise industry. Only word of caution, expect the possibility that your ship may not call at Cozumel. They always note the itins are subject to change and because of that, they can change them without having to offer any compensation to passengers.

Hey, scubawife that is good info. Wish I could go for $199 what the heck:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom